Monday, September 16, 2013

Still my favorite scene so far

I was tinkering with my laptop (having nothing better to do), and I saw a copy of a 2006 Spring Drama I watched when I was in Japan. The title of the drama was "Delicious Proposal". It's the story of Katsuragi Haruki, a young restaurant owner, and Shiraishi Suzuko, the restaurant's top chef. I decided to watch it again, although I have done so a million times already.

Watching it made me remember why I liked the drama so much.

Here is a rough translation of my favorite scene.

Haruki: Do you plan to get back with him?
Suzuko: him..?
Haruki: With Fujimori-san?
Suzuko: Why do know about Fujimori-san and I...
Hakuri: He's the person you seriously loved before, isn't he?
Suzuko: (surprised)I have no obligations to answer you (walks away)
Haruki: (Grabbing Suzuko) So what is it?
Suzuko: "What is it"...! It has nothing to do with you! (continues walking away)
Haruki: (Following Suzuko) Each of your advices are irritating!
(Suzuko stops walking and turns towards Haruki)
Haruki: (Starts moving forward to Suzuko) No matter who you're talking to, you'd talk about anything you think about.You're insensible!
Haruki:(Facing Suzuko) I don't like how you use such a loud voice to talk! (Walks past Suzuko)
Suzuko: Then if you don't like me that much, then leave me alone.
Haruki: (Turns around to face Suzuko) That, I'll do.
Suzuko: Then please do! (Starts to walk away from Haruki)
Haruki: (shouting) But I can't!
(Suzuko stops walking, then faces Haruki)
Suzuko: What... are you talking about?
Haruki: I'm telling you I can't.
(Haruki starts walking towards Suzuko. Suzuko tries to stop him in his tracks, only to be pushed further.)
Suzuko: Our relationship, you and I, is that of a chef and a restaurant owner.
Haruki: Uh-huh.
Suzuko: (Still moving backwards to move away from Haruki). You're just a Bambi. I am insensible. A woman who speaks in a loud voice.
Haruki: (Moving forward, eyes locked to Suzuko) Yes, that's true.
Suzuko: I'm not a likable woman!
(Haruki suddenly moves forward and kisses Suzuko. Suzuko was surprised by Haruki's sudden move and tries to resist him. Haruki doesn't let go, and eventually Suzuko gives in. Haruki then stops, then looks Suzuko in the eyes.)
Suzuko: Why...?
Haruki: I can't bring myself to hate you. I'm slowly falling for you instead.... I've fallen in love with you.
Suzuko: ...
Harukio: (Holds Suzuko) When I'm with you, I become my true self.
Raughn: Haaaay....
(Raughn melts)

Okay... So my reaction wasn't really part of the scene. But that's the same reaction I get everytime I watch (or even think about) the scene.

I'm a hopeless romantic. Sue me. :P

2 comments:

  1. Aww.. I could picture the scene, so sweet.. Naiiyak na ko, feeling super ganda nya. (Sorry you got another hopeless romantic here, hehehehe..)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't capture the scene just yet. I'll try to post it here when I get the chance. ^_^

    ReplyDelete