Tuesday, June 30, 2015

No direction

Having been a "bum" (mildly speaking) for the past few months have been nothing but a rollercoaster ride.

I mean, sure, I got to rest (which, by the way, I heavily needed), but having no actual goal or destination so to speak makes it a little bit boring.

No, I haven't been lazying around all the time. I have traveled a bit since I resigned, to be honest.

It's just that career-wise, I feel like there's nothing else for me.

Don't get me wrong. I think there's a lot of things that can be done these couple of days (or months).
- travel
- catch up/hang out with friends
- eat (which, I haven't really done a lot of)
- swim, exercise
- learn new things (hey, I've learned a bit of Google Apps Scripting)
- blog design
- etcetera

But having no actual goal (meaning, no one thing to just look at finishing, for example), can be daunting, and at times, can be very overwhelming. I don't even know what to do with my career anymore. I can't even think of anything to write anymore. (The question of "what am I to do with my life?")

These days I'm mostly a home-stay cook, cooking dinner for me and my sister and running personal errands.

Not that I'm one to complain, but hey, I think I'm a little too young to be a long-time bum.

Then again, I may not be here tomorrow. For all I know, I'll be gone from this world sooner (than later).

So I guess I'll just enjoy being the bum for the meantime.

1 comment: