Saturday, August 1, 2015

Tired

I wouldn't pretend that I'm okay when I'm not. I wouldn't pretend that don't feel used and needed only on crises. I wouldn't pretend that I feel like I'm other's unlimited personal bank account, always withdrawing and never depositing anything. I wouldn't pretend that that I'm happy and bubbly, when all I'm about to be is break down, when all I need is a hand to hold, an ear to listen, and a shoulder to cry on.
I've grown tired of trying getting into other people's heads, trying to rationalize their behavior. I've grown tired trying to understand other people, empathizing with them eventhough I've felt no one empathizes with me.

I'm tired. Being seemingly strong for too long can be tiring. And I would like to take a rest, just for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment