Tuesday, October 21, 2008

You've been tagged!

Okay, so this blog is waaaay overdue. Sue me. But, as they say, better late than never.

In the spirit of tagging (which, by the way, is relatively new to me), I'll be continuing the chain. I'm not sure, though, if I would be able to come up with 10 interesting things about me. Firstly, there's nothing much interesting facts about me. We might as well come up with the 10 things dark and sinister about my life. That's still interesting, right? At least we'll come up with 10. Hehe.
Anyway, without further ado:

  1. I'm a contrast of sorts. I'm an optimistic pessimist, a realist dreamer, an intelligent fool, a sadistic masochist, a cheerfully gloomy person. You can say that I might have a bipolar disorder, existing at both extreme ends of the spectrum. In layman's terms, I'm not normal. :P
  2. I'm a wallflower. I've always seen the world as something that can exist with or without me. At parties or engagements, my presence rarely makes an impact. Translation - I'm very insecure. :P
  3. I'm what you may call a secret holder. People tell me things they won't normally disclose to other people. It's a bit weird that sometimes even those not really that close to me tends to give away secrets about themselves. It might be because they feel they can entrust their secrets with me... or they know that no one would care about what I say.
  4. I can be veeery sarcastic. Too sarcastic at times that people think I'm serious. Go figure.
  5. I'm cunning (or it's evil counterpart, scheming). In relation to #3, I have somewhat a gift of making people tell me things. Even make people affirm things I suspect. I don't get it in one sitting, though. I'm not *that* cunning. :D
  6. I have four levels of emotion. Level 1 is uncontrollable blabber. Level 2 is uncontrollable blabber in Japanese. Level 3 is uncontrollable blabber in English. Level 4 is silence. I rarely get to level 4 nowadays, though.
  7. A sign of depression for me is shopping. When I go all out, it's because I'm depressed. Or, at the very least, about to be. There was even a time when I got so depressed that I bought an Ipod nano and a camera with accessories. That cost me half of my savings.
  8. When I was young, I was very tight with money. I calculate to the very last peso (or cent) I spend. Everything is accounted for. It was very hard for me to let it go (meaning I rarely treat other people). But as I grew up, I became less attached to money. I still fret over it sometimes, but at least now I don't feel bad when I treat people.
  9. A lot of people view me as rich. When I asked my friends if I look like a rich kid, they would say 'yes' without even thinking. I also ofhen get remarks like 'okay lang, mayaman ka naman eh' or 'kayang kaya mo namang palitan yan eh'. I mean, yes, I might be able to replace sorta expensive stuff, but not that easily. I'd normally have to cut on something. For me, being rich is being able to spend without having to worry about tomorrow. Or, work, for that matter.
  10. I look young for my age. I've been working for three years now, but oftentimes when I meet new people one of the first things they ask is 'where do I study.' (Note, present tense). When I say I'm already working, they get surprised. I look young enough to be mistaken as the youngest of the siblings (don't worry, my youngest sister is already used to it. :P)

Well, what do you know? I was able to come up with 10 things. Not really that interesting, some even a bit disturbing, but there you have it.

4 comments: