Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Beach Escapades (Week 2) - Grande Island, Subic

I woke up near to 6 o'clock, so I hurriedly packed my stuff and left. Although the traffic at that time was very heavy (they decided to fix the roads because the elections are near), I arrived at the meeting place just a little over 2 minutes from the scheduled departure. Good thing I was able to call them telling them about the unfortunate event, so they were able to wait for me.

The trip to Subic lasted a little over what was expected. We arrived at the port around 10 o'clock, but we were able to board the ferry around past 11. Then we still had to wait for a while before the ferry eventually moved towards our destination - Grande Island.

I cannot really remember how long the ferry trip lasted. I was busy watching people playing with their DS's at that time.

Anyway, the first thing we did was eat when we got there. We weren't able to check in yet because the check-in time is at 2 pm. So we just left our stuff at the lobby. Since I was one of the few people to arrive last at the lunch buffet area, I had to wait for a veeeery long time before I can eat. Some have even finished eating by the time I got my share. Nevertheless, I was one of the people who left the scene early.

Next was the meeting for the teams. I wasn't part of the team listings because I was part of the outing committee, so I had a little bit more of free time. At 2 pm, I was able to check in, took a shower, and eventually dozed off while watching the tv.

I woke up at around 3 pm, just in time for the games. We had a total of 3 games:
  1. Say my name, say my name;
  2. Pass-the-message sack race; and
  3. Amazing race
I won't go much into details about the games because at some point it became a bit dragging. It was also quite unfortunate that we weren't able to play some of the other games, which I am sure would have been very enjoyable.

After the games, there was free time for everyone. I went swimming in the pool, just like most did, and afterwards went to the beach area. Afterwards I tidied myself for the barbeque dinner.

The food during dinner was great. As I said, barbeque. I have a thing for barbaques. Too bad, I easily get full these days. Sure would have be nice to gobble up all those tasty food, yum yum. ^_^ While we were eating dinner, we watched a cultural show. There was even a part where they would invite part of the audience to try out the dances. There was this one time that they had a contest for a hawaiian dance, and some of the participants were Jim (the all-so-popular singer in the batch), Sir Vince (the acting manager of one development teams), and AK (president). It was really very entertaining.

After the cultural show, I decided to dip again in the pool. I think that I stayed in the pool until around 10 pm, then I decided to take a shower and return to the dinner tables and join in the karaoke fun. Too bad though, there must be something wrong with the track for "Broken Vow", so I wasn't able to sing it. Ahehehe...

Anyway, after all the karaoke stuff, I headed back to our room. I got to talk to Maui, and afterwards I headed back to the room and go to sleep. But that was before the "CJ" commotion (which, for everyone's sanity, I wouldn't blog about. :P).

The next day I woke up at around 8 am, then woke Sir Elips and Marvs up so that we wouldn't be late for breakfast. I went to Abi et.al's room and waited for them so that we would go to breakfast together. After breakfast, we headed to the beach, taking pictures along the way. Some of the guys went out snorkeling, while I headed back to the pool (again. Bad move - I had sunburns, huhuhu).

At around 11 am, I headed back to our room take a shower and pack my bags, and check out of the room. I headed out to lunch, where we had a little program (winners, tokens for committee, speech courtesy of AK, and an explanation of the 'incident' last night), boarded to ferry around 1 pm, then went back to Subic port, boarded the bus, and at around 7 was back at the office. (The ending was quite rushed, but hey, it was just a return trip. :P)

3 comments:

  1. :)) chain reaction kaya sa makati... first it was jeff of batch 6... tapos nainggit si jami... bumili... nakita ni kiks (na nasa japan) at ryan chan... nainggit din so bumili... latest victim was anton :)) niloloko nga nila ako na bumili na rin daw ako kasi one of the early birds sa office, sumali na rin daw ako eh ayoko :))

    pero ok naman dating mo di ba... coz i heard alabang left near 7 o'clock?? hehe anyway, nice mems :D

    ReplyDelete