Sunday, May 13, 2007

Beach Escapades (Week 4) - Laguna Family Reunion

Well, it was not really a "beach escapade" per se, but hey...

May 12 - I woke up at around 5:30 to prepare. I had a little bit of free time because our meeting time was 7 am. I took a bath, cooked something for breakfast, and a little over 6 headed to Mantrade. Unfortunately, those who were supposed to pick me up got there a bit late. I waited there for around 30 minutes. At around 7:30, my sister and her husband arrived, and so I got on the car and we treaded the South Expressway to head to Laguna.

We stopped by the big gas station at South Expressway to have breakfast. Afterwards we continued our journey to my aunt's place. There's nothing much to talk about the trip, so I'll just skip to the point when we got there.

We arrived there at around 11 am. We got there earlier than the others, so we waited for them to arrive before we had our lunch. The lunch was a feast - there were grilled pork, fish, kare kare and a few others. After eating, we rested for a while and headed to the pool.

Finally, I had the time to practice floating. I just learned how to stay afloat the previous week when me and my college friends went to Puerto Galera.

At around 4pm, we left the pool for the small gathering. Aside from being a family reunion, we were also celebrating the birthday of my aunt and her daughter. So, after some candle-blowing and picture-taking, we had merienda, and I took off to the pool.

The second dip was a bit short, because we had to leave at around 6 pm since we were taking the mountain route back to Rizal. So, I headed out of the pool a little over 5, took a shower and changed to dry clothes. While waiting for the others to finish, I headed to the karaoke station and sang my heart out (we were a family of singers, hehehe...)

Then, at around 6pm, we got on the car, and started our trip back home.

It was short, but was fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment