Tuesday, November 26, 2013

If you love me

From http://walluck.com
Don't play with my fragile heart
It has been through too much
Don't play with my heart, I plead
Lest it be my last hurrah

Don't tell me you love me if you don't
Don't tell me you'll be there if you won't
Don't promise me the world if you can't
Don't tell me forever if you shan't

You say you love me
But your actions say another
Tell me, what am I supposed to believe?
Tell me, what am I supposed to perceive?

If you love me don't just say it
Prove it with your actions
Don't charm me with your words
Then stab me with your works

Don't say you love me, then put me aside
Don't say you need me, then treat me like grime
If you really love me, tell me the truth
If you really care, then you have to prove

Don't say you love me out of convenience
Don't say you care just because you can
If you love me then show me effort
If you care then show me affection

If I am angry, will you understand?
Or if I say I need you, will you brush it aside?
If I miss you, will you reach out and hold me?
Or will you just miscontrue and think it's not worth it?

All I ask is a little more patience
All I ask is a little more stride
All I ask is for you to show me
If I am really worth your while

No comments:

Post a Comment