Saturday, September 19, 2009

Good News, Bad News

I didn't really have any plans yesterday, being it a Friday and all. Usually naman kase I go home after work. Or maybe I was just accustomed to going home after work kase dati either umaga na or suuuper late na in the evening. Pero yesterday's different. Well, the past weeks have been different, kase I'm working on day shift na. 10am-8pm. So I leave the office with the malls wide open.

Kahapon while I was eating my dinner (I usually eat around 6:30 or 7pm now), nagtext saken si Abi. Sabe niya movie nights daw ang ilang Dev C, and she asked me if I wanted to come along. Since matagal ko nang hindi nakasama sa labuyan, I agreed. I didn't have anything to do that night anyway. So napagkasunduan na 10pm kame manonood sa Glorietta. Ang movie? In my Life.

I left the office a little over 9pm. I was thinking of taking the bus, pero naisip mahabang lakaran pa ang magaganap kapag nagbus ako. Plus the fact na kelangan ko pang tumawid sa kabilang side ng EDSA just to get on a bus going to Glorietta. So naisipan ko magtry ng MRT. It has been a while na din naman since I got on a train, parang since Japan days pa ata (and that was like three years ago pa). Plus, I'll be walking less kase ung station ng MRT sa Ayala eh connected na sa mga malls (Glorietta and SM) so ndi mainit ang lalakaran ko.

So aun nga, got on the MRT and started my trip to Glorietta. Nung asa buendia station na kame, may isang guy na siniksik ako for no apparent reason (since maluwag naman ang daanan and asa bukana ako), then bumaba din siya. I was under the impression na ndi siya bababa, so nung bumaba siya I felt somewhat alarmed. Chineck ko kagad ung mga gamit ko (my cellphone at my pockets and ung wallet sa bag), and lo and behold, wala na ung isang phone ko. I can't really say what happened, pero I've got a feeling that it was the guy that made siksik to be he culprit.

Trying not to feel alarmed (I didn't want to make a scene), I acted calmly, as if nothing happened. Either I was calm or I was still processing what happened. Pagbaba ko sa Ayala station I called Abi after getting inside SM Makati, asking them where they are. Actually at this point sinabi ko na kay Abi na nawala yung isang phone ko, pero apparently hindi niya naprocess (kase when we met and I told her, dun palang siya nashock. Imagine the scene in Kimmydora when Johnson told Dora that her twin sister Kimmy was kidnapped).

It's saddening na nawala ung phone. For the most part having the dual-sim phone is somewhat of a lifesaver at times, especially when the battery of my other phone gets discharged. I can still use both of my numbers sa phone na yun while I'm charging my other phone. Another thing is yun ung phone ko na may fm radio, and I recently started listening to the radio on the way to the office (and while in the office). So now, wala na kong gagamitin as a radio. Hindi ko na maririnig ung million dollar bill, heartbroken girl, you belong with me, ang tambalan, chico and delamar, and others.

There's nothing much I can do about it, really. I mean, there's no point moping around the fact that my phone got stolen. It's not as if this is the first time it happened. More or less mga 4-5 times na rin ata ever since I got my first phone (so parang on an average 1 phone every 2 years). And I could just be grateful na I wasn't harmed in the process, not my wallet stolen. That would've been a bigger problem, given the fact that I have a lot of documents there (my load id, my ids, my cards, the works).

Anyway, when I got sa Glorietta I was still acting as if nothing happened. Medyo disturbing siya in a sense kase I'm somewhat detached to the idea that something bad just happened. This is actually not the first time na ganito ako nagreact, I was also "calm and collected" last year when someone broke in my apartment and took my gadgets. Too calm perhaps for me to be suspected to be the "mastermind" behind the "suspected" robbery. Funny. Well, I have too (este two pala, just for humor's sake) explanation: One is that I've matured to the point that I can accept the fact that there's nothing else I can do about it so just move on, or the fact that inside my head I know that I'll be able to replace it. Ay, you can also add pala na whenever something is taken, something better replaces it (iphone?). So that makes it three. Hehe

The incident didn't really hamper my mood for the movie. So ayun nga, we watched In my Life. We took the 1030 slot kase they were late. Good thing I didn't buy the tickets pa (altho I can't buy them the tickets, hehe). The movie was actually good, with a good mix of comedy and drama. The scene with Vilma on cornrows, classic. At ung hirit ni Vice Ganda kay Vilma when they first met, the best. Ayun nga lang, medyo anti-climactic lang ung death ni Luis. Sabe nga Vilma dun, "sa pelikula ung bida kapag may sakit dalawa lang ang pwedeng mangyari: either mabuhay siya or mamatay siya sa sakit. hindi ganito". (And the movie wasn't so "gay", moderate lang, conservative. hehe)

After the movies, dahil puro single ang mga tao dun (Ako, si Red, Abi, Celle, Lany) eh nag-Starbucks kame sa 6750. Kasama namen si Amy sa movies pero umuwi din siya after. So kame lang lima ang nagSB. Andun kame until around 4am, talking about mga love stories na tapos na. Siyempre ndi lang naman love stories, may iba iba ding kwento (syempre samen nalang ung mga un. hehe). Mga 4am nagkayayaan nang umuwi ang mga tao. Mukhang haggardness na rin siguro kame nun, lalo ako kase nagiging oil factory na naman ako. Naging see-through ba naman ung oil film. So aun, naguwian na. Nag-taxi ung mga tao, tapos ako nagbus.

Nung asa bus ako, may movie silang pinapalabas. FPJ na movie. Ang nakakapraning pa dun, ung eksena sa pelikula, may nangholdap sa bus. Nakakapraning. Una na-snatchan ako sa MRT, tapos ngaun naman may palabas sa bus na tungkol sa holdup ng bus habang nakasakay ako sa bus. Parang nananadya lang. Pang-inis lang. Hmpft. Buti nalang walang untoward incident ang nangyari habang asa bus ako. Kahit sa jeep wala din. Kahit nakatulog ako sa sobrang pagod. Mabuti nalang at walang nangyari.

Nakauwi naman ako in one piece. At nakatulog ng bonggang-bongga.

No comments:

Post a Comment