Saturday, January 5, 2013

24 Hours

Today was a very busy day.

Well, actually it all started yesterday evening.

So I went to Makati to drop off some crinkles for my former officemates at Macquarie (crinkles I bought from our Baguio Trip a couple of weeks back), and then I remembered that there's a Dev C get together that night as well. Since I was within the area I opted to go to their office to meet some of my friends before heading to the buffet.

Dev C - past, present, future
I haven't been eating a lot lately (I actually lost a couple of kilos during the holidays), so I'm not sure if my tummy was up for the job. Turns out, it was, but not without a price - I left pretty bloated after - considering that I only had food from Kamayan and not from Dads or Saisaki (all of them are buffet, but the food served are different. You can opt to go only with one or have a combination of any of the three). There were a lot of conversations happening all at the same time, so it was pretty hard to keep up. And my tummy had a hard time keeping up with the food as well.

After all that I ended up going to another meetup - I didn't stay long (I stayed until a little past 1), and got home around 2 in the morning. Then I watched a bit then headed to sleep. Woke up around 7 in the morning to prepare for another buffet - this time at Buffet 101.


Buffet 101-ers. Almost all of us were
present at the dinner buffet the
night before. Picture courtesy of Bhon.
Imagine, I had 2 buffet meals in less than 24 hours. It seems like I have been holding back the past couple of weeks for this event.

Anyway, for some reason my stomach was better prepared this time - no more bloated feeling, and I think I was able to take a bit of food before deciding to raise the white flag. Then again, I ate mostly sushi (plate number 1), a bit of different meat (plate number 2), then desserts. Pretty much like the last buffet I guess, but more evenly spaced.

After at least four hours of pigging out (we started at 11 and the buffet ended around 3), we headed to the Center Stage on the other side of the boulevard. I guess that was a good thing 'coz at least we would be able to burn some of the food we just took - then burn them more while belting out songs that's way beyond our range.

Karaoke! ^_^
We had a scheduled Karaoke session from 3pm to 8pm - five hours of non-stop singing. It's actually something we got from Deal Grocer, so we were able to save a bit. There were a couple of other people that joined us as well (they had other plans and couldn't make it to the buffet lunch). Around 7pm however, people started leaving (not that we're tired of singing - these are the same guys that stay overnight at Karaoke Bars in Japan), so everybody decided to clock out.

I got home around 9pm probably - MOA isn't really that far, but we walked quite a bit from Center Stage to the bus stop - another means to burn off some of those pounds (I keep bringing up the topic of shedding off pounds, haven't you noticed?). Some of my friends gave me gifts the past 24 hours as well - thanks guys!

I got two bags, a pack of hankies, and an
earmuff  for my upcoming HK trip.
Thank you to all my sponsors. LOL
So, in approximately 24 hours, I had a 3-hour buffet dinner, a 4-hour buffet lunch, 4 friend meetups, 4 hours of belting out, 4 hours of sleep, and 4 gifts. Busy busy busy. :)

I'm planning to make a review of Buffet101 - hopefully soon, before all the food I ate is fully digested. LOL

(Special thanks to Michelle Ivy Pedrasa for some of the pictures)

No comments:

Post a Comment